- Len 6.12.13 UPDATE FROM LEN IN LA PLAGNE:Signs that the resort is getting ready to open with a lot more work having beendone on the pistes….so we had to go and test them on a run down to Plagne Centre. Not far to ski, but very enjoyable. Big shopping day yesterday as we getready to welcome all the staff arriving today…Then it will be chaos!Len’s Ski Tips:When buying or renting skis, if you are not a beginner, skisthese days are designed to be up to the height of your forehead. If renting, lookat the bottoms of the skis which should be smooth and polished with very fewscratch marks. Run you bare finger along the edges…there should be no rough bits.Then draw your fingernail across the edges at right angles, it should take off a tinysliver of nail BUT near the tips and at the back should be blunt. There are noright and left skisContinue reading →
- Len 4.12.13 LEN IN LA PLAGNE:Learned today that Sky TV Sports commentator, Kelvin Tatum, arrives to join us for a ski holiday on January 5th and on the same day most of the Rockets Speedway team will be here too…some madness to come!Len’s Ski Tips:Keep your boots in a warm place overnight and in the morning always put warm feet into warm socks into warm boots.Continue reading →
- Laura1 3.12.13
Laura, a member of our chalet team in Méribel, shares her thoughts on the season ahead.
– Watch this space for more from the 3 Valleys over the coming weeks!
It happens every year as December arrives – that flurry of frenzied preparation and
growing sense of excitement as the big day draws near.
Suddenly, open calendar windows outnumber closed; the day is almost upon us.
Just a flight to catch, one more sleep and we’re there!
And the first ski run of the season never disappoints.
Skiing. It’s a big word in my house, with lots of memories that make
our annual ski trip(s- if we’re lucky!) something we put much
time and planning in to each year.
We’ve skied as a family from the word go – my brother and I
lucky enough to inherit Dad’s enthusiasm on the slopes
in addition to his dress sense, as you can see.
Over the years the make-up of our ski holidays has changed, snowballing – if
you will – to include extended family, friends and partners. But whether it’s
packed with blacks, or we cruise the blues, it’s always a blast.
My ski plans have evolved again this year; I’ve decided to extend it ever so
slightly and go for a full season. Well, it’s one way to save on travel costs.
I’m heading to Meribel, to run cosy Chalet Jacques with Chris, my fiance.
We’re excited to begin the next chapter of our skiing (and snowboarding!)
story, and look forward to welcoming guests writing stories of their own.
If there’s one thing I’ve learnt, it’s that fantastic skiing tales come in all
guises – we can’t wait to hear them over afternoon tea and cake!
- 3.12.13 LEN REPORTING FROM LA PLAGNE:Sure sign that the resort is getting ready to open, the Christmas tree waserected outside the ski rental shop next door…and snow forecast for later this weekwill help it look the part. Everything is now being prepared for the arrival of the mainstaff in a few days. Then the calm will disappear!Len’s ski tips:Try to lay your skis on a flat area before stepping into them. If that is notpossible, place the skis across the slope and step into the downhill onefirst, using your ski poles to balance.Continue reading →
- Blog 2.12.13 LEN SILVER – REPORTING FROM RESORTThe 3 Valleys resort manager, Stuart, arrived safe and sound andimmediately got to work in opening up and preparing the chalets there. He will livein La Tania this year so that he is half way between Meribel and Courchevel.Secretly I think he likes the tree run back to the village!Len’s Ski Tips:The “correct” way to carry your skis…..on your shoulder with thebindings BEHIND the shoulder and your hand resting near the tip of the skis tobalance the weight.Continue reading →
"All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays [in this brochure] [on this website - as appropriate] are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate". ATOL number 2093