- Len 08.01.14 LEN’S NEWS FROM LA PLAGNEAnother great fine weather day and we covered some miles. With all our legsshot to pieces by 3 o’clock, a couple of vin chauds on the way home atthe Bergerie went down very well as the sun went down.Len’s Ski Tips:Here’s another one to help those smooth and easy turns, all designedto help keep you on the balls of your feet. As you reach the half waypoint of your turn, slide the inner foot forward and all your weight is nowon the downhill ski as it should be, and on the balls of your foot as itshould be…easy !Continue reading →
- Len 7.1.14 LEN IN LA PLAGNE:Hazy sunshine greeted us today with the work by the piste machines overnightproducing almost perfect conditions. No queues at the lifts as is normal in Januaryand we covered huge distances so that we were very exhausted by lunchtime.Len’s Ski Tips:Here is a strange one…ski with your hands! Imagine there is a string between thebottom of your fist and your big toe (right fist-right toe). Now as you turn on the ballsof your feet pull your toe around with your fist. Your hand will end up acrossyour chest…now pole with that hand to the side and repeat in the opposite direction.Get the movement right after practice and you will feel as if you are dancing downthe piste, thinking almost only about what your hands are doing.Continue reading →
- Len 6.1.14 LEN SILVER REPORTING FROM LA PLAGNE:Fresh overnight snow on Sunday morning, bright blue skies and minus 5c. Thatis Heaven. Waited for the new guests to arrive which included some of my friendsfrom the World of Speedway. So had a great afternoon on perfect pistes which wasgood enough to ski the ultimate way which I will describe in my Tips column.Len’s Ski Tips:If you are well versed in the art of ski-ing and the snow is perfect you can usethe best technique of all. Well forward and on the balls of your feet,hands flexing in front turn with weight on both skis using the “Big Toe,Little Toe”method. So…turning left it is Right Big Toe pressure and Left Little Toe pressureat the same time, The smooth carve with both skis will feel heavenly.Continue reading →
- Len 4.1.14 LEN IN LA PLAGNEConstantly snowing now for 3 days, but all the guests have been ski-ing all day andloving it! It seems that after some really heavy falls on Sunday, next week will be sunny…then you’ll find Yours Truly out on my planks!Len’s Ski Tips:If you venture off-piste into uncharted territory (not really advisable) do notfollow somebody else’s tracks…they may not know where they are going!Far wiser to stay in areas that you know unless you are beingguided by a skier who knows the area well.Continue reading →
- Laura 02.01.14
The (ski) season to be jolly!
– Watch for more from the Three Valleys over the coming weeks –
Christmas and New Year were great fun in Meribel, with what felt like the whole
town – locals, holidaymakers and seasonaires alike – coming out to mark
Christmas Eve saw a carol service take place outside the tourist office, with songs
sung in both French and English of course! With our song sheets,
complimentary vin chaud and the mountains in the background it was easy to
get swept up in the festive magic – hardly batting an eye when Santa himself rode
down the road into the crowd. Rudolf must have been on holiday however,
sending a horse in his place!
We then enjoyed some fireworks on the piste and a torch lit decent from
ESF, before heading back for dinner.
Christmas Day was filled with food, fun and of course some terrible cracker jokes
in the chalet, but it seemed Santa had one last present before putting his feet up
for another year – we woke up on Boxing Day to a heap of fresh powder, a great
way to work off that extra piece of Christmas pudding!
New Year in Meribel was equally spectacular, with thousands hitting the
Chaudanne lift area to listen to some DJ-ing, dancing to fend off the cold. With
a big clock countdown the atmosphere was electric, and we welcomed
in the New Year with great anticipation for the months ahead.
It seems Meribel really knows how to throw a party – lets hope it continues
well into 2014!Continue reading →
"All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays [in this brochure] [on this website - as appropriate] are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate". ATOL number 2093